I would like to take this opportunity to inform you of my role as a Parent Support Advisor for St Augustine's Catholic Primary School.
I have been closely associated with St Augustine's School for eight years. For the last five years I have been employed by the school as a Learning Support Assistant working in both the Infant and Junior departments. This has given me invaluable insight into the day to day running of the school and the implementation of the National Curriculum.
In my role as a Parent Support Advisor, for the past three years, I have completed an extensive training course to enable me to provide an additional line of support for families and carers of children at the school.
As a parent myself I am aware of the challenges which often face children and their families as they progress through the various stages of primary school education.
If I can help in any way or you require any information about how I can help you and your child, please contact me through the Junior Office on 020 8554 3453. If I am not available please leave a message and I will get back to you as soon as possible.
Here are some examples of support I have been able to offer
- Transfer to secondary schools. Explaining Procedures, filling in forms
- Housing problems. Liaising with London Borough of Redbridge
- Accompanying parents and children to medical appointment
- Information regarding after school clubs with St Augustine's and out outside agencies
- Getting children involved with extra curricular activities
- Informing parents/carers of services and events within Redbridge. ie Children's centres, holiday activities and workshops and groups for the under five's
- ESOL (English as an additional language) courses at the Adult Institute
- Information for support groups for children with learning difficulties
- Communication course for parents with children in Nursery and Reception
- Organising family learning courses for families at St Augustine's
- Updating free school meals information and informing families
- Accompanying parents to meetings with teachers, Headteacher and other professional bodies
WEBSITE - Especially for parents to help with your child's education
Click here to access this website which is designed for parents who would like help with their child's education. This list will be constantly updated, so visit regularly, and bookmark those sites that particularly interest you.
FIND - FAMILIES INFO DIRECT is a really helpful website - They provide information and advice on a wide range of issues that impact on family life - from childcare and childcare funding; activities for children and young people through to care and support services. Click here for more information.