PE & Sports premium Funding
WHAT IS THE PE & SPORTS PREMIUM FUNDING?
The PE and Sport Premium funding is granted by the government to school to fund additional and sustainable improvements to the provision of PE and Sport, for the benefit of primary-aged pupils. This funding is ring-fenced (protected) solely, for the purpose it is issued for.
The current premium issued for this academic year is £9,800 and this figure is based on the number of pupils in years 1 to 6
DfE GUIDANCE ON WHAT THE FUNDING COULD BE USED FOR
- develop or add to the PE and sport activities that your school already offers
- make improvements now that will benefit pupils joining the school in future years
- For example, you can use your funding to:
- hire qualified sports coaches to work with teachers
- provide existing staff with training or resources to help them teachPE and sport more effectively
- introduce new sports or activities and encourage more pupils to take up sport
- support and involve the least active children by running or extending school sports clubs, holiday clubs andChange4Life clubs
- run sport competitions
- increase pupils’ participation in the School Games
- run sports activities with other schools
HOW WE WILL SPEND THE FUNDING
- Specialised PE coach employed, to team teach PE lessons with the class teacher in order to increase class teacher’s confidence delivering P.E lessons and improve the quality of P.E being thought in the school
- PE coach to train ‘Young Leaders’ in their role of leading lunch time activities in the Infant playground
- CPD opportunities for teachers to improve their skills in various areas of the PE Curriculum.
- Participate in local competitions with neighbouring schools.
- PE Co-ordinator will be linked with the Gant’s Hill Partnership schools for support with actions to improve PE.
- Purchase gymnastics equipment to support pupils entered in schools’ gymnastics events
- Provide opportunities to widen participation in After-School clubs
SCHOOL DEVELOPMENT AND REVIEW OF PE & SPORTS PREMIUM FUNDING
The school’s SPORT PREMIUM REVIEW document highlights how the school deployed the funding for last year. To find out how the school will spend this year’s allocation, please review the SPORT PREMIUM PLAN.